You are invited!
Lee Academy to host a PLT/Forest Inventory Growth (FIG) training.
March 2, 2018 at Lee Academy
- Interested in setting up a research study plot in the woods outside your classroom?
- Present place-based and hands-on learning for middle through high school students.
- Introduce students to your local forests and a FIG forester partner.
- Collect forestry data to compare with student data from other Maine schools
- Learn about this statewide research project designed for middle through high school classes.
- Lee Academy – 26 Winn Rd | Lee, Maine
- Friday, March 2 from 9 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Maine is the most forested state in the US which is a good reason for involving Maine students in the study of this phenomenal natural resource.
- $50/person includes the PLT Focus on Forests High School guide, snacks, and pertinent handouts.
- Bring a lunch and dress for outdoor exploration while setting up a forestry plot.
Call to register today:
- CJ at 207-621-9872
- online contact form
“The Environmental Studies course I teach is a survey course and the FIG plot is used to get students into the forest, learn that there are methods to quantify what we see, identify trees and appreciate species diversity.”
Jeff Cleaveland, Hall-Dale High School