Outstanding Outdoor Professional Development with Project Learning Tree
Grades 4 through 12 Teachers & Community Leaders
Friday March 16 | 8:15 am – 2:30 pm
Waterville Junior High School
Entering the forest with eyes, with ears, and with professionals to guide us while making connections to classroom lessons and standards. Observe, compare, record and explore stages of forest growth using data and photography.
Learn about the newly designed STEM curriculum and a maple syrup project at Waterville Jr. HS with Jason Cyr, Science teacher and Maine Guide.
Workshop facilitators include Jason Cyr, Morten Moesswilde, forester with the Maine Forest Service, and Pat Maloney. All participants will receive a PLT Curriculum Guide, six contact hours and learn about the latest e-units from National PLT.
- PLT K-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide with 96 ready to use lessons or the PLT Focus on Forests high school module
- Snacks & morning coffee
- Supporting resources.
Bring a lunch and dress for outdoor exploration.
To register no later than March 9, please call CJ Herlihy – 621-9872 or write email@example.com
2018 Forests of Maine Teachers’ Tours
Join us on a 4-Day Tour of Maine’s Forests and Mills
Poland Springs Resort | Southern Maine | July 10 – 13
Leen’s Lodge | Grand Lake Stream | July 24 – 27
Tours combine STEM and cross curricula lessons with current information about forest practices, up-to-date technology and promising research into new products
- Each tour begins with a Project Learning Tree workshop that includes training in curriculum materials with links to NGSS including the Common Core standards and STEM applications. New this year – PLT e-units!
- See modern harvesting and manufacturing technology in the woods and in the mills. Enjoy on-site discussions with foresters, loggers and operators to learn about job opportunities for Maine students
- The Maine TREE Foundation provides comfortable accommodations and transportation, great food and everything you ever wanted to know about Maine’s forests
Become certified as a Project Learning Tree Teacher.
Participants will receive 30 contact hours. 3.0 CEU’s available for an additional $20.00 fee.
Reserve your space now!
- $105.00 per person if you register before April 27, 2018*
- $115.00 per person if you register after April 27, 2018*
- *Includes a $10.00 non-refundable administrative fee.
Space is limited, so call or e-mail soon to receive an information/registration brochure.
Contact us at 207-621-9872 or firstname.lastname@example.org